Man! We've been busy! And April looks like a very CRAZY month for us! It will be my goal to update our blog on Sundays. Hopefully I can keep it up! Along with planting a “serious” garden, this month is the Homeschool Convention and that is a big deal around here. Brendan always enters into the art contest and this year he entered into the Entrepreneurial Expo. The EE allows him to have his own business booth at the convention. He has to do the work and pay for everything; if he gets help, he has to pay for the help. We'll post more on his business later; we're keeping it under wraps for now!
Convention is also where we buy our curriculum for next year so it takes time for me to look into our options and plan out next year. It’s so hard to believe that Brendan will be in 10th grade next year! He will be doing his second year of combined physics/chemistry, algebra 2 and English Comp. I still have to work out his history and electives for the year. We are also trying to finish our master bath remodel! Whew! I’m exhausted thinking about it.
I have lots of pictures so I uploaded them in the small version. If you would like to see a picture better, remember all you have to do is click on it.
This is our dry erase board where algebra is done. And Cameron usually has his own art lesson afterwards.
Cameron came up with his own idea to make chocolate cheese. We have a cheese making kit that makes mozzarella and ricotta cheese. Cam wanted to use it with chocolate milk. I kept putting him off, but finally, we made it. We all agreed. It was disgusting.
I just love this picture of Cait, sitting pretty! We found this play chair in Cam's closet! I'm glad we kept some of his younger toys.
I have some crafty projects going on. The first picture is for nephew Jackson's 2nd birthday shirt. Can you guess what it will be? I am also embroidering names on karate suits for a friend. And ripping out those stitches so I can try again. :)
We are enjoying the beautiful weather. And as always, we are entertained by Cam's choice in clothing!
Cait is finally eating! We've found these pouches with baby food and she is doing really good eating them. She is also doing better with table food, although she still doesn't have teeth! She likes green beans, guacamole (not plain avacados!) and crackers.
We found a homeschool group for P.E. recently. Brendan really enjoys the exercise and time with the guys.
While Bren was at P.E., Cam, Cait and I went to the church's playground. This is Cait's first time to play on a playground! I think she had fun!
She kept trying to get to her brother but the tunnel was slightly elevated, and crawling on her soft cotton pants just didn't work for her. {It was kinda nice that mom didn't have to go in after her, though!}
Brendan is still enjoying art lessons with my grandmother. I love that she gives of her time, and supplies, to our family. I love getting to see my grandparents every other week. Brendan is also enjoying his dad's pre-engineering class. JC has been teaching a homeschool pre-engineering class each Saturday since January. He really enjoys the dynamics of teaching homeschoolers. I'm ready for getting our Saturday's back at the end of April!
We are also getting ready for a major garage sale. This past weekend, Cam, Cait and I cleaned out Cam's room from top to bottom! Can you believe he had 42 toy guns? That doesn't include light sabers, swords or bows and arrows!!! He was able to keep about half of them! Lots of other toys went to the garage sale pile. I think it will take me a full day to price all this stuff! We are planning on giving at least 1/2 of our garage sale proceeds to "charity". We have two in mind but we haven't decided what exactly we're going to do. This is also part of simplifying life. We have too much stuff!
"Take a picture of me, mom, I'm playing dead" Oh boy! This is one Cait's new dresses from the JBF sale. Isn't she pretty?!
This {below} is a sign we see often. It means trouble!
It means that this will follow...
And then this...
Happy April!
2 comments:
Goodness! You have been busy and the month is just started! All the pictures were wonderful, but the one with Brendan holding Cait is so precious. One to hang on the wall (for Granny, that is).
So not even Cam liked the chocolate milk cheese?? Cait's dress is pretty. :)
Post a Comment