Well Planned Day

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bugs, Swords, Contraptions, Easter Blessings

Cam's curiosity keeps growing. The latest object of that curiosity is nature. We're having fun reading about insects and animals, and such and even more fun finding these things in their homes. Here, Cam looks at a beetle I found that was over 1" long!

Bren & JC finished up their Pre-Engineering class on Saturday. This picture shows them putting finishing touches on Bren's Rube Goldberg project.

Here the students have put their machines together, the end machine is Bren's and it's purpose is to pop the balloon.

I mentioned before that Bren will have an Entrepreneurial Expo booth at the OCHEC Homeschool Convention next week. Bren has invested quite a bit of {his own} money and LOTS of time to make swords. Sunday at church, our Pastor's son (in from Austin) and Bren had a duel with the swords. They had a great time! {Make sure you visit his booth at the convention!}

We have been gearing up for Easter around here. Cam and I cut out palm branches for table decorations.


We also made artisan bread and took a loaf to our neighbors.


Yeast is an amazing thing.


What a great helper!




Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty...I am the living bread that comes down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. ~John 6:35, 51




Today, the kids and I went to Will Rogers park for Easter pictures. Don't I have great looking kids?!

The roses were absolutely beautiful today. What a blessing to see such amazing creation!

1 comment:

Love, Granny said...

Thank you, Lord! Yes, you have beautiful children! Loved the one of Cam "cleaning" the measuring cup. Think I need one of it. Sure hope Brendan is making a collage of the sword fighting pictures. That alone would make a great selling feature. We will pray for great success for him.