JC and I were at the dining room table and looked outside to this; so precious!
Friday was parent-teacher conferences so JC was able to come home around one. We packed a picnic lunch and headed out to Arcadia Lake.
It was a beautiful, warm and windy day. We ate, relaxed, and watched the boys play.
There are two things which help me feel close to God. One is my children. I think about how much love I have for my children, so much that I feel my heart could burst. And sometimes I think and wonder at God's love for me. It must be so much more than my heart can even feel. I love thinking about God's words to Judah in Zephaniah:
Ooooklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains... (see Cait's hair?)
I was surprised how nice the beach area and water was. A little chilly, but sandy and clean.
They also have a playground there that we visited before leaving for the day. This was Cait's first time in a swing. I think she liked it!
Just about dark, we headed down the road for an enjoyable dinner and sodas at Pops before coming home. Cam and Cait were asleep before we even made it back to the highway to head home. When we got home, we realized Cam had a 102 fever! After a bit of a rough night and early morning, he was feeling nearly back to normal.
The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. ~Zephaniah 3:17
The second thing that I feel the Lord uses to draw me to Him is His creation. Sunrises and sunsets; birds, deer and other animals; trees, flowers and sometimes even "weeds"; storms and rainbows. While JC, Cait & I were relaxing and the boys were playing in the water, JC and I saw two birds that we'd never seen before. {Eastern Bluebirds} They were in the tree closest to us. The blue on them was outstanding. I felt as if God was giving me a little gift; telling me, "I created beauty for you, my child". As Elihu told Job:
Stand and consider God's wonders. ~Job 37:14
Or as David writes:
The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands. ~Psalm 19:1
I couldn't get a picture of them but it sure was a treat! We actually got a quick glimpse of 2 more today after church!
2 comments:
What an absolutely wonderful day! Spending time with the family is what life is about!!!!!!!!
love all those pictures...
JC needs to teach Cait how to back up so she can one day declare that her daddy taught her good.
I also appreciate the winds sweeping across the plains picture...
What an awesome Father we have, that chooses to bless us with things that speak directly to our hearts in a way that resonates so deeply. Thanks for sharing your blessings!
Post a Comment