After watching Brendan's flight,
JC, Cameron, Caitlin and I headed south for a short visit with Granny.

Her peaches were ripe and we helped Granny out by picking some of them for her!

Caitlin took a little snooze in the summer heat.

Leslie and the kids joined in the fun!

Isabella even found some apples to take home!

I have to throw in this little picture! Biggest and littlest hands.
JC was a little over zealous in picking. Since processing peaches all day wasn't this tired
momma's idea of fun,
JC spent about 8 hours in the kitchen last weekend. Peeling. Peeling and slicing.

I jumped in and helped whip up the jelly
(12 jars of it) along with some peach syrup.

I also threw together
PW's peach cobbler and some peach b
ellini's.

We gave peaches to our neighbors and some friends. Took two sacks to church and a sack for mom. We still have a sack on the counter and a sack in the fridge. Wow!
3 comments:
holy smokes y'all got a lot of peaches, huh?
how many would you say you started with? you know with berries it seems like you have a HUGE amount and then the yield is like 6 jars of jam... so I wondered if you had a HUGE amount of peaches to start with or if they seem to yield more than berries.... does that make any sense?
♥littlest & biggest hands - TOO cute!
That peach cobbler looks amazing. It's almost inevitable that I will have to make one this week now (we got a lot of peaches in our co-op share).
BTW, just in case you don't check back here is my response on Be Fruitful and Multiply:
"I am interested in reading it at some point but I have several commitments to fulfill first, but if you’d like to email me your thoughts on the subject I am very interested in hearing them!"
Wow!!!! I had no idea that I had grown so many. I am so thankful you were willing to turn the bounty into things so delicious. Poppy believes peach cobbler "needs to be his new favorite thing".
Post a Comment