We drove directly to the Tulsa Air & Space Museum since it closed at 5 p.m.
There were a lot of interactive exhibits and the guys really had fun. If you click on the F-14 below, you can see (just barely) the guys standing by the cockpit.


Look at the grins on these guys!


Caitlin & I posed by the space shuttle. Since I'll never get to see one lift off. Thanks to the program being shut down. I really wanted to see it. Just once.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was a very pretty hotel. And they had free drinks & snacks every evening!

Caitlin & I posed by the space shuttle. Since I'll never get to see one lift off. Thanks to the program being shut down. I really wanted to see it. Just once.
We stayed at the Embassy Suites. It was a very pretty hotel. And they had free drinks & snacks every evening!
After a quick check in and refreshments, we met JC's brother and his family at Chuck E Cheese's for dinner and games.

We had a good time visiting and playing and were quite tired when we finally got back to the hotel.

Monday, JC took the car. I figured we could watch TV, swim, play in the arcade and just "hang out". Here's Caitie by the pool.

And the boys


Next stop, Kaleidoscope Children's Museum. I don't think I can give you a really good review of this place. I will say it is not a place to take a bus full of teenagers and let them run wild. Because someone did that while we were there. That took a lot of fun out of our time there. I think they finally got kicked out. After that, the kids had a lot more fun.

Monday, JC took the car. I figured we could watch TV, swim, play in the arcade and just "hang out". Here's Caitie by the pool.
And the boys
Our relaxing day wasn't really very relaxing. But we survived. We went out to Qdoba for dinner when JC finally made it back to the hotel. That's some YUMMY food!
Tuesday morning, Caitlin & I took JC to his meetings while the boys slept in. We did a little more swimming and then checked out. After driving around awhile, and a teenaged boy couldn't make up his mind, momma finally decided on Steak n' Shake for lunch. We have one in the City but never eat at it. Burger wasn't too bad but the shakes were really good!
Next stop, Kaleidoscope Children's Museum. I don't think I can give you a really good review of this place. I will say it is not a place to take a bus full of teenagers and let them run wild. Because someone did that while we were there. That took a lot of fun out of our time there. I think they finally got kicked out. After that, the kids had a lot more fun.
It was a lot like Jasmine Moran Museum and Leonardo's Discovery Warehouse. And it was only $6 per person so it was a decent way to spend the HOT summer day.
After the "museum" we picked up JC and had a yummy dinner and interesting conversation at his dad's house before heading home. It was an exhausting, whirlwind of a trip but we had fun and we survived. That's what is important, right?!
2 comments:
glad you had fun, I imagine that was one L-O-N-G day in the hotel!
this part made me giggle...
"I will say it is not a place to take a bus full of teenagers and let them run wild."
I was like - what? Then when I kept reading... sometimes you wonder about people, don't you?
I think there are two more shuttle launches, they were delayed somewhat. We looked into going, but I don't remember what the new dates are... Would be a road trip to remember!!!
Looks like a fun mini vacation! I've seen several shuttle launches, and they are spectacular. We've always had family in Florida, including an uncle who worked for NASA, and we were stationed all of my high school years just south of Cape Canaveral. You could see the launches pretty well from several viewpoints near the water and inland - very pretty!
Post a Comment