Here are pictures of the process, starting back during the cold Spring Break evenings.
Assembly started this week in Cameron & Caitlin's room.
The top slats are in!
Here's Cameron "helping" dad via climbing in Cait's crib! What a monkey!
JC & the boys picked up the mattresses last night while I was out enjoying a pedicure and dinner with a friend.
And here's the finished project!
Both sets of sheets were found while cleaning up in the garage this spring. They were sheets from Brendan's bunk bed days (OH SO long ago!). Scooby Doo on top and Army on bottom. I'm so glad I couldn't part with them!
Cameron had talked back and forth about which bed he would sleep on. Moving from a toddler bed to a "big boy bed" is one thing but to the top bunk right away?! Well, he decided last night he wanted to sleep on the top bunk. We tucked him in with his stuffed animals and he slept the entire night without a single problem! What a big boy he is growing into.
9 comments:
HOLY SMOKES!
I am not sure which part I am more impressed with:
a) JC designed them
b) you made it an elective class for Bren
c) you got a pedicure with a friend (totally need to pamper yourself girl!)
d) Cam picked the top bunk
e) you tucked him in on the top bunk!
SO TOTALLY AWESOME... perhaps even RAD!!!!
You guys are "building" memories!
Amanda - my RAD friend:
Don't you know we ♥ homeschooling!!! It was a great project for dad & sons to do. Now Brendan wants to build himself a loft bed!
The pedi was delish - even though we unknowingly made our appointment the same evening as Prom. Our appointment started an hour late but that left us extra gab time!
I can't believe we let him sleep on top/that he wanted to sleep on top...but it happened. I was a worried mom, but he was quite brave!
Wow, I am SUPER impressed and I love the stain. It looks really amazing! So, what are your room arrangements with the kids? Will Cait be sharing a room with Cameron and Brendan his own room?
What a great job both of your boys did in making a beautiful bed for Cameron. Love the pic with hin in the cowboy hat hanging off of the side of the bed. Too cute.
Sounds like your boy will be getting some wood working tools for Christmas.
I think it is great that Bren and Dad were able to this together... wonderful memories were made.
Wow! Good job guys!
J.C., without questionable doubt, your Grandad - a mighty fine carpenter himself - if he were here would put his arms around your shoulders and tell you how proud he was of you....and by the way, so am I.
Your guys did a great job! It looks really nice! Love that they had that project together. And how many boys can say they made real furniture in shop class?! Yay for the Polliard family!
love, Chas
The bassinet is in our room but the crib is in Cameron's. Because of the ages, our plan is that Bren will always have his own room.
The stain was just a mix of several stains we had around the house & at JC's mom's house.
BTW, we will have CAD designed blue prints & material list for sale if anyone is interested!
Awesome!
Post a Comment