Well Planned Day

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What's Cookin'?

About the only thing growing in our garden this year is the basil. After picking 3 cups full, there is still plenty left!

Throw in some EVOO, cheese, nuts and garlic and have yourself some pesto! Scooped out with an ice cream or cookie scoop and freeze for easy use for up to a year!


Margaret brought bell peppers and tomatoes from a friend's garden. Add the couple jalapenos from our garden and an onion. Drizzle with EVOO, roast in the over for about 30 minutes.


Add some garlic, and blend!


Bren gives my homemade roasted salsa a thumbs up!

And finally, the last of the apples.


Sugar & spice makes everything nice! :-)


Now I have 5 jars of apple pie filling in the freezer, just waiting for an unexpected event or guest!

4 comments:

Granny said...

You are amazing!!! Able to take AND make something wonderful out of the plainest of things. Can't wait till pie season.

Barbie said...

what about expected guests???? I am coming at the end of the month...

amanda said...

I would love to try the thumbs up salsa! YUM!

Great idea to freeze the pesto in that smaller amount, perfect!

and apple pie... I know it has cinnamon, but I do love a good apple pie =)

You are accomplishing so much, good for you!

Leslie said...

I LOVE having the pesto in the fridge to pull out all year- makes for a quick dinner. Now if it would just make itself I'd be all set. :) I'll have to try the roasting with my next batch of salsa!