Well Planned Day

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Do you get your money's worth?

Okay, the more I stew on this, the more I want to scream at someone. So, I'll blog.

I don't know about your relationship with money but around here we work hard for what we have. We don't splurge a lot, we don't have credit cards, we do what we can to save a bit here and there.

So, when I pay for something, I want it to be good. I want it to be what it's supposed to be. Am I confusing you? I am still steaming! When I go out to eat, I expect good service and good, hot food. That IS WHY I go out to eat. I don't want to pay OUR hard earned money for lousy food or service. We shouldn't have to. When I buy something from the store, whether its clothes, food, or any other product...I will take it back and get a refund if it doesn't meet the standards it should.

So, why is this not the policy in all businesses? We just returned from a camp ground who's website touts that it's family friendly. Well, when I explained to the owner how horrible our experience was he didn't even offer an apology. He told me it was MY responsibility to find the security (at midnight, when we didn't even know there WAS security). And when I asked for a refund he said, "I can't do that". I wonder why he can't do that. I mean really, he can't? We all know the truth. He CHOSE not to.

So, if you ever think about going to Tahlequah, OK to float the Illinios River, DON'T stay at Eagle Bluff Resort. Resort it isn't. Family friendly it isn't. I don't know how you check those things out before hand. There was only one review on Google before we went. Now there's two! (You can read more of my details at http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBS&um=1&q=eagle+bluff&near=Tahlequah,+OK&fb=1&view=text&latlng=8880488301902991201&dtab=2&reviews=1&sa=X&oi=local_result&resnum=1&ct=result

Anyway, we did manage to have a good vacation despite all of this. I'll blog more of that tomorrow when I get our pictures uploaded. I just needed an outlet to vent. I told JC that IF we camp again we'll probably stay at the places we already know and love (Lake Murray, Doris, Red Rock, Roman Nose, Keystone Lake) and maybe the state park we passed on the way home today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you had such a bad experience. Definately contact the Better Business Bureau and report this person/campsite. The problem nowadays with the web is that they can upload the "good" pics and that's all you see. Plus, only having one review(a good one at that) makes it hard. Can't wait to see you next week.