Well Planned Day

Sunday, August 9, 2015

July's Summertime Fun

 Finding fun to do in the heat of the summer can be tricky. To be honest, we've spent most of the month at home and only venturing out to visit friends or for the necessary errands.
 My van battery died at the gas station and while we waited for Daddy to rescue us, we walked over to a nearby truck stop and passed our time.  I am so thankful Daddy's work is so flexible that he can leave when we need him!
 We've never been successful at growing tomatoes until this summer.  We have had a perfect amount to keep us stocked with tomatoes.  It's fun for the kids to go out everyday and pick them.
 My Grandparents celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary.  And I found out they eloped.  I love my grandparents so much and I am so thankful that I have been blessed by spending so much time with them.  The kids were happy to spend time with their cousins during the dinner for my Grandparents.

 Cam got a Balloon Bonanza for his birthday.  It was actually pretty amazing.  They didn't all work but more than 1/2 did.  It was way better than filling up individual water balloons!


 Cait has a new found love for Tin Tin.  I recently picked up a Tin Tin book from the library for Cam but it was Cait who has spent HOURS (literally!) looking at the pictures.  Every day, that has been her favorite thing to do.  We had to take back the library copy but we bought 3 books for her and even found these old Tin Tin cartoons that follow the books perfectly!  I'm not sure what she likes so much about them but I love seeing her show such an interest in books!  She isn't reading yet but she's so close!
The kids went to Granny's for a week.  I cleaned the house from top to bottom (above is my odd assortment of treasures that I found), Daddy and I had FIVE dates and I got to take a trip with some friends!  I think it was win-win all the way around.   
Cait & Lily had a blast playing with their new friend at Granny's.

1 comment:

Granny said...

July looks like a real busy but fun month for you all.