Well Planned Day

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Not the December I had in mind...

So, here it is, December 23rd and I am less prepared for Christmas than I've been in my entire adult life.  I'm not sure what happened this month.  Things seem to be moving along just fine and then BAM!  It's the week before Christmas.  No gifts. No cookies. No cards.  I even forgot to get the kids school pictures done!  AND, Blogger is not my friend any more.  It has become so much more cumbersome to use and I don't like it.  And so, you'll see, my pictures are loaded in the wrong order.  Oh well.  At least I'll try to get a post done in December!

JC & I had a nice time at a Christmas party hosted by one of his co-workers on Friday.  We got dressed up, dropped the kids off with my sister and got out for a couple hours.  Lily wasn't too happy with our decision but it didn't help that she had only napped 45 minutes so far that day.
I made this cookie dough as a hostess gift.  The backside of the sheet said the instructions.  I totally stole the idea.
On the 18th we celebrated Margaret's 33rd birthday with a yummy meal and Christmas lights.  That is always a fun treat for our family!  We love the Yukon lights and Chesapeake's lights.
The Sunday prior, we visited First Christian Church of Carnegie for their Christmas dinner.  It's always so nice to see our friends in Carnegie and spend the weekend with Granny and PawPaw.


Our PE group has added a little class for the elementary kids while the big kids play PE.  It has been a great experience.  They rotate art, sign language, science and more.  Cait made a cute hand print Christmas tree and we exploded vinegar and baking soda bags.


We had a nice little visit with our newest cousin Mavy recently.  He's such a cutie!

We also spent some time with the other cousins while I took their family pictures for Christmas cards.  Fun times!
Other things that December included was Bren and Cam took two trips to Lawton.  So thankful that Bren is a careful driver.  They loved getting the extra time with Granny and PawPaw.  I've heard rumors that Bren is building a fort somewhere in their backyard.  Mom had her annual cookie exchange and it was great fun.

No comments: