The zoo was Tuesday and Wednesday we had lunch & played with the Robertsons.
Then Granny called and told us her nectarines were ready to be picked. I packed for the little kids and myself and told the kids we were going on an adventure. It wasn't until we passed McDonald's half way there that Cam asked, "We're going to Granny's?" It was another surprise that we were staying the night! We picked the tree clean of nectarines and even picked a couple crab apples. Cait didn't mind the extreme sourness but no one else liked them.
Granny and I worked hard to slice and fill 5 jars for canning. We got our water boiling and put them in the pot to process. Granny, Lily and I ran to Atwoods to pick up some more jars while PawPaw, Cait and Cam hung around the house.
Here's Granny with silly string on her! Such fun, cheap thrills! And Cam decided he likes making fruit out of clay. His cherries were the best!
So, when we got back from Atwoods, we pulled out our jars and started the pot to boil with more water for the second batch. I heard the breaker blow on the stove (that wasn't the first time for that to happen to me). I called for Granny and as she headed upstairs to the breaker box, I realized there was flames under the burner! The kids watched on as we tried to decide whether to call 911 or not. PawPaw came to the rescue with a very old fire extinguisher that actually worked...
but made a stinky mess. So the kids waited outside for the house to clear out.
Here's the remains of Granny's stove. We killed it!
I got 5 jars of nectarines and Granny got a new stove! What an adventure!
Here are the rest of Cam's fruit that he made. I think I'll see how he likes Scupley soon.











No comments:
Post a Comment