Well Planned Day

Friday, December 20, 2013

Lily at 22 Months

Lily is closing in on her second year of life.  She is such a cutie pie.  She is sweet but oh so stubborn too!  She is busy and loves to follow in her big sister's steps!  She has started to love wearing tutus and undressing herself, too.  Several times recently I have found Cait helping her take off her diaper and putting her up on the toilet!  She even tried to put on Cait's panties this past week!  She loves babies and wanted to hold our friend really bad!  She always has a baby doll with her.
She still cannot tolerate dairy products (and she still nurses so Mom cannot eat dairy, either!) but just the other day she came into the kitchen with the bathroom stool, got Cait's little kid's knife and was trying to cut open the butter I had set on the counter!  I love her up on her tiptoes!
This isn't a great picture but Cait and Lily were sitting in the rocking chair together watching YouTube. Lily LOVES to listen to The Wheels on the Bus and Old MacDonald.  We sing them often but occasionally, I let them watch videos while I get a task done.

I am so grateful to be a mommy to these kids!  Our days are not perfect and it seems that I am often frustrated by their disobedience or ability to make monster messes but I am trying to love them through our trials, teach them of our heavenly Father's love and enjoy this life, even the messes!

1 comment:

Granny said...

What a precious little girl and her equally precious big sister - born helpers.