I totally stole these pictures from Oakridge where Bren Bug has gone to work for (at least) part of the summer. How did he grow up so fast? It's been a hard adjustment (for all of us!) but I think it's getting a little easier.

Bren's first week consisted of some major heavy labor. Making parking for RVs and moving logs along with lots of other work.

His second week was training on all the equipment on the grounds and some team building skills for the camp workers.
Below, Bren learns how to run the Snack Shack.
And a Snack Shack dinner!
They were put on teams and these are pictures from them finding out who's team they would be on and doing skits with their new teammates.Just in case you were confused...you can see below that Bren let his teammates ham it up for him!
The Teams:
Here's Bren with his turn at the Faith Fall. Glad they caught him!Bren on the King Swing. My boys just LOVE this swing.
Bren was able to worship with us this past Sunday. It was a tearful reunion for me as it was the longest I had gone without seeing Bren. It was way too short of a visit! Tuesday was his official day off but he only got a small part of the afternoon to come home. We got to see him for about 20 minutes before he left for bass lessons and then another 20 minutes or so afterwards.
It was great to see Bren and doesn't he look great?! He'll be home all weekend for Cait's 3rd birthday party and our family night dinner and worship service. Can't wait to hang out with Bren Bug for a longer time.
I'm so grateful Bren has the opportunity to experience life away from home without really leaving home and with such great people. I'm so glad that Bren is a great "kid" and friend and helper. I am hopeful that Bren will grow in maturity and experience and his walk with the Lord while he is away for I know this is just a small step towards being an adult. We love you, Bug!












3 comments:
These guys are having way too much fun. Makes me wish to be a teenager again. Well - maybe not.
It's so wonderful seeing Brendan having so much fun, even if a lot of the "fun" is real hard work. I'm anxious to see him. That's a great picture of the two of you!
Aw, we miss Bren too!
Post a Comment