For the first time ever, the flu has hit our house. It seems nearly impossible because we've hardly gone anywhere lately. Cam threw up 2/21 so we stayed home that weekend. I started feeling bad on Wed (2/27) and was running a high fever for the next 3 days. It came with chills/sweats, body aches, sneezing, runny nose (a faucet, really!) and a bad cough. Lily's fever showed up Sunday; Cam and Cait's on Monday. Cait was by far the worst of all of us. At least three times, we could not get her temperature to budge below 103.1. I guess because she is so little bitty that she looks so frail and pathetic when she is sick. On Tuesday I took the girls to the clinic and Cait tested positive for influenza A. They gave both girls Tamiflu.
We gave the girls Tamiflu for two days before realizing it was making Cait agitated and Lily just completely cranky. After looking it up online and reading that many children have had emotional problems on it, we quit giving it to the girls. So they did not get yesterdays dose and today they are much more tolerable.
JC woke up today with a fever. He had scheduled today off to get some work done on our van. Instead he rested and is feeling better this afternoon. I still have a cough but it has lessened greatly the last two days. Cait and Lily's noses are still faucets. {yuck} Cam seems to have gotten of the easiest and has really only a little fever for a couple days. And of course there's Bren. He says he's not getting sick. And he hasn't yet. I hope he doesn't!
So, here are some pictures from our flu season. Cam needed something to keep him busy for awhile so he was tasked with cleaning out the storage containers. I told him sorting was his math lesson for the day.
We braved a quick trip to Tulsa last weekend. I was doing better and the kids hadn't gotten sick yet. We did not know I had the flu! But we got to see JC's brother and celebrate Alex's 4th birthday!
Cait has been artistic and drawing a lot. I think she does pretty good for a two year old! Above is a person "with shoes on" and below is a jelly fish. I am not sure why she is drawing jelly fish but that is her favorite thing to draw.
Thankfully we've had some pretty nice days. The littles have been getting outside when they feel up to it. I love how the girls are becoming friends. Cait has been especially lovey-dovey with Lily since she's been sick. She has told Lily that she loves her several times while hugging her. It is so precious!
Lily has been more clingy than ever. So when she finds something to keep her happy, I just go with it. Like dumping sesame seed crackers and playing in them. Whatever.
It's been hard around here lately. It's not been pretty. Dishes have stacked up and laundry spilled over. We had three house showings in the middle of all this. But I've been trying to find some beauty in this mess. Like when I was sing bedtime songs to Cait and she said, "quit bugging me" in her sick little voice. It was quite cute!
An update, Cait's fever is back. Hopefully not for long!
1 comment:
Sorry you guys were hit with the flu! No fun!
Love Cait's drawing... the jelly fish is really good!!
Post a Comment