Well Planned Day

Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's been awhile

It's been awhile since I've posted much and especially a week "in the life".  Our days are full and since Lily likes to be held, it sure limits my computer time.  But I wanted to try to capture more of life...like in the good ol' days!
Daddy has been working on making Cam the perfect sized shield.  The picture doesn't show it but it is even curved!  Great job, daddy!

Cait is such a wonderful big sister...even when it's awkward!

I wrote briefly last post about reading Large Family Logistics.  I have learned so much information on how to better run a busy-homeschool family.  I think the book is great even for us not-so-large families.  In fact, I would recommend it to a first time mom.  It's just that good!
So, Monday is Laundry day.  This is a habit I've had for about 2 years (except for a couple months after having Little Lil).  It's a great habit to have.  My goal is to have all the wash washed, dried, folded (or hung) and put away before 4 p.m.  I also have a (new) goal to iron each Monday (when necessary) and tidy up the laundry room.  I really like not doing laundry every day.  It seems never ending.  I would also like to do mending on Mondays but that hasn't happened yet.
This week, I was prepared to do my little photo blog of my Large Family Logistics week and Monday morning, just after sorting laundry, our friends called and invited us to a day at the zoo.  It was supposed to be a beautiful day and I just couldn't help but dump our plans and be spontaneous! I'm so glad we did, too!  We packed up a quick lunch, threw a load in the washer and had a blast with our friends and even though it was overcast, it was the perfect temperature.

Needless to say, Tuesday turned out to be Laundry Day 2.  Tuesday is supposed to be my Cleaning Day.  Cait was fussy and into everything so I broke out the shaving cream to keep them busy for a little bit!

I did manage to get a little cleaning done.  I have been doing some deep cleaning each week, rotating which areas of the house I work on.  This week, I hand scrubbed the kitchen and dining room from about waist level down.  It is quite therapeutic to do this!
Wednesday is Office Day.  This is the day to do planning (menu, school and otherwise), any financial work, grading, research (school or otherwise).  It is also when I try to clean up my desk area, file and dust.  This week, Granny visited but I didn't get any pictures!

I just love this picture of Lily.  We got this chair down from the attic and she really likes kicking her feet so she pushes the chair backwards!  Wednesday is also date night.  The last two dates, Bren has been kind enough to keep all the kids as long as we're gone only about one hour.  We're so thankful for big brother!  Date Night is great for our marriage!
Thursday is supposed to be Baking Day but this week I decided I needed to finish up some lingering embroidery projects.  Next week, we'll be back to baking and make the guys happy!
Cam had a date with Gramma and Papa this past Thursday and then he had fun getting to do the dino dig they bought for him.  Cait helped but mostly just in making a mess!
Friday is our Errand Day and we try to do any running around then.  We also have PE from 1-3 so we will often have a packed lunch.
Finally, on Saturday, my baby sister and I ran around and took some pictures of her.  Aren't these fun?  Lyn is spunky and I hoped to capture some of that for her.  I love being blessed with four sisters!  What fun!
Well, that's our week.  Except Sunday.  That's a whole 'nother story.  But it's a good one so I'll post about it soon!  

3 comments:

Gray Family said...

I love the pics of Lyn! Definitely captured her personality! Have you tried the shaving cream in the bath tub with no water? Makes for an easier clean up afterwards! Fun times : )

Granny said...

Cameron's sword is truly a work of Daddy love! Very impressive!! Cait and the shaving cream is great...a good, clever idea. What's a little mess---- Lily looks so "big" dangling her feet. I actually believe the pictures of Leslie are perfect of her.

Leslie said...

Haha! Love the picture of Cait holding Lily... she should be called a little big sister. :) I need to remember to pick up some cheap shaving lotion for Bella's spelling words... she always wants to do them in chocolate syrup. ;o) I like the idea of having a day set to do one major thing... I do that for laundry but that is where it ends! Might have to think of doing more things regularly like that! :)